We can all use a little help from time to time. Those in the property management industry are no exception. After a tumultuous year marked by disruption after disruption, there are likely members of your community who need a little extra helping getting by. To assist your staff and residents during difficult times, we have compiled a list of expert industry articles and resources that can benefit your entire community.
For Property Managers
- IREM Tools and Resources
- NAA Best Practices for Conflict Resolution
- NAA Best Practices for Addressing Residents with Mental Health Concerns
- NAA Best Practices for Property Managers: Rent Collections, Late Fees, Filings, Payment Plans
- NARPM Eviction Moratorium FAQs
- Multifamily COVID-19 Resources
- Collecting Rent During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- COVID-19 Resources for Property Managers
- 5 Digital Communication Tips for Property Management Companies During COVID-19
- Protect Your Communities from Rental Identity Fraud During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Accounts Receivable Resources
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau—Help for Renters
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)—COVID-19 Resources for Renters
- U.S. Department of Labor—Filling for Unemployment?
- U.S. Department of the Treasury—COVID-19 Economic Relief
- U.S. Department of Agriculture—COVID-19 Resources for Individuals and Families
- Internal Revenue Services (IRS)—Coronavirus Tax Relief
- USAgov—COVID-19 Financial Resources
- Tenant-Completed Periodic Renewal Inspections
What Are The Experts Saying?
In times of difficulty, it’s natural to look to leaders for how best to move forward. To examine how COVID-19 and the eviction moratorium are impacting the industry, we gathered the following panel of property management experts to share their insight on how the property management industry can cope after a challenging year on an episode of Beyond Rent:
- Ted Thurn, Director of Government Affairs for the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Megan Booth, Senior Vice President of Policy with the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI)
- Nicole Upano, Director of Public Policy for the National Apartment Association (NAA)
- Tyler Craddock, Government Affairs Director with the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM)
As we continue to navigate life following the COVID-19 lockdowns, it’s important to stay mindful of our communities’ challenges. Rent Manager is committed to supporting property management professionals as they navigate disruptions with helpful tools and resources.
* Always check your local and state laws for the most up-to-date information on health guidelines, collections, and evictions.