Thank you for choosing Rent Manager Online (RMO) as your property management solution.
The instructions below explain the steps to properly install and connect to Rent Manager Online. First, select your desktop operating system:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Windows 98 / ME / 2000
Apple MAC OS
Setup instructions for Rent Manager Online - Windows Xp / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Click RMO_install.exe and save the file to your computer.
- Navigate to the location where you installed the rmo_install.exe file and double-click it.
- Confirm that your computer is currently connected to the internet and click OK.
- Enter your Company ID (provided by LCS) and click OK.
- Enter your User Name for Server Login (provided by LCS) and click OK.
**The prompt says this step is optional, but please complete this step.
- Rent Manager Online requires Microsoft .NET 3.5 or better to run. If you do not have the proper .NET framework, a dialog box will appear asking if you would like to run the update. Click Yes and follow the instructions to download this necessary software component.
- Certain RMO servers require a software component called ThinPrint which allows Rent Manager to communicate with your printers. If your desktop does not already have ThinPrint, the installer will automatically download this necessary component.
- If the installation was successful, a confirmation message should appear. Click OK to complete installation. A Rent Manager Online shortcut is created on your desktop.
- Double-click the Rent Manager Online shortcut on your desktop.
- If a Windows Server 2003 Login prompt displays, enter your Password for Server Login (provided by LCS) and then click OK.
- If a Windows Server 2008 screen displays:
- Click the user icon above your server user name.
- Enter your Password for Server Login (provided by LCS).
- Click the right-arrow (or press Enter on the keyboard).
- When Rent Manager opens, enter your User Name and Password for the application.
Contact your database administrator to receive your Username and Password.
Setup instructions for Rent Manager Online - Windows 98, ME, 2000
To begin the setup for Rent Manager Online, you will need to download the following files.
- Download and install the Setup.exe This is the software client required to access Rent Manager Online. Most newer computers running Windows XP already have this installed. If you are using Windows XP, you can try to skip this step and connect to Rent Manager Online before installing this.
- Next, right click the following link: login client and select Save Target As. Save the Rent Manager Online.RDP to your desktop. This is the desktop icon that accesses the program.
- Download and install Thin Print This is used to allow all printers to work with Rent Manager online.
To save these files to your computer, click on the link. You will be prompted to either Open the File or Save it to Disk. Select Save it to Disk. The next screen will ask where you want to save it. Select your Desktop and then press Save.
After you have downloaded your desktop icon and installed Thin Print, double click the Login Client and enter in the username and password that was provided to you by Rent Manager.
You will next be asked to log into Rent Manager for the first time. Use the default username of "admin" and password "12345".
Setup instructions for Rent Manager Online - Mac OS X
To begin the setup for Rent Manager Online, you will need the following file(s):