The end of the year is right around the corner and the Rent Manager® support team wants you to have access to the information, tips, and tricks that will make your year-end close straightforward and problem-free.
Did you know you can export vendor and owner 1099 information from Rent Manager, which can then be eFiled with the IRS? Really! To take advantage of this time-saving feature:
- Go to File > Import/Export > Export 1099 Report.
- Fill out the Transmitter Info form. Click the Use Mgmt Co. button to autofill the fields with your company’s contact information.Note: The TCC is a five-character alpha/numeric Transmitter Control Code that must be assigned to the filer by the IRS prior to submitting files electronically.
- Update the form so that the options are consistent with those selected when you generated 1099s for your vendors and/or owners.
- Optionally, and if prior to the IRS deadline for test submissions, check Test File, export the file from Rent Manager, then upload it to the IRS FIRE system. Otherwise, leave the Test File box unchecked.
- Click Browse and navigate to where you want to save the exported file. Enter a file name and click Save.