Knowledgebase is a database of Rent Manager® FAQs, work-arounds, and tested solutions assembled by our Support Specialists and Instructional Resources staff. This expansive, instructive resource provides all sorts of valuable information about your Rent Manager property management software.
The Summary Rent Roll and Delinquency reports both provide property balances; however each includes transactions from different sources and considers balances differently. The Summary Rent Roll’s Overall Balance value and the Delinquency’s Total delinquent for property value will match when the reports run with comparable options and transaction activity is consistent with the guidelines below.
To populate comparable reports, the best report option combination is listed below. Report options not mentioned do not affect comparability:
Summary Rent Roll report options:
- Enable (check) the same Properties and/or Inactive Properties
- Select the desired From:date and select the To:date that is consistent with the Delinquency report’s Date .
For example, if the Delinquency report’s Date option is 8/31/2011, select the Summary Rent Roll’s Date Range From:8/1/2011To:8/31/2011.
- Select Activity + prior balances for the Report Method option.
Selecting Current customers only for the Summary Rent Roll’s Report Method option could cause a discrepancy between the reports. A current customer according to the Summary Rent Roll is any customer that occupied the unit at any point during the reporting period. A current customer according to the Delinquency report is any customer that occupies the unit as of the report date. If you run both reports for current customers using a full month, but a customer moved out during the month, the customer will be included on the Summary Rent Roll but not on the Delinquency report.
Selecting Only activity in the period for the Summary Rent Roll’s Report Method option could cause a discrepancy between the reports. Customers without activity (charges or payments) during the report will not be included on the Summary Rent Roll, even if they have an account balance; however they will be included on the Delinquency report.
Delinquency report options:
- Enable (check) the same Properties and/or Inactive Properties as the Summary Rent Roll.
If Owners are selected on the Summary Rent Roll, select the owner’s Properties on the Delinquency report.
- Select the Date that is consistent with the Summary Rent Roll’s To:date.
For example, if the Summary Rent Roll’s Date Range is From:8/1/2011 To:8/31/2011, select 8/31/2011 for the Delinquency report’s Date option.
- Click Select All for the Charges to Include option.
The Summary Rent Roll automatically includes all charges.
- Disable (uncheck)Include customers with a balance greater than or equal to for the Values To Include option.
The Summary Rent Roll does not provide an option to discriminate between delinquent amounts.
- Select All for the Customers to Include option.
TRANSACTION ACTIVITY THAT COULD CAUSE INCOMPARABLE REPORTS
If the above report options have been selected and there is a discrepancy between the Summary Rent Roll’s Overall Balance value and the Delinquency report’s Total delinquent for property value, check for:
- Prospect balances
- Customers with unapplied credits
The Summary Rent Roll does not include prospects; however the Delinquency report does. For instructions on how to locate prospects with outstanding charges or balances, see Knowledgebase ticket 429475.
Customers with unapplied credits:
The Summary Rent Roll includes customers with debit balances which includes payments and credits (negative charges) whether they have been allocated or not. The Delinquency report includes customers with outstanding charges and ignores any payments or credits (negative charges) that have not been allocated to charges.
For example, if a customer has a $500 Rent Charge and made a $500 payment, if the payment is not allocated to the Rent Charge, the Summary Rent Roll will report the Debit Balance as $0. The Delinquency report will show the customer has $500 in delinquent charges.
For instructions on how to use the filter to find customers with unapplied credits, see Knowledgebase ticket 430014.
REQUIREMENTS / PERMISSIONS
Go to File > Administration > Manage Users:
To run reports:
- Properties section: Enable (check) the appropriate Properties
- Letters / Reports group: Run reports Enabled
- Reports tab: Accounts Receivable group: Enable (check) Summary Rent Roll
- Reports tab: Accounts Receivable group: Enable (check) Delinquency
- Reports tab: Rental Information group: Rent Roll subgroup: Enable (check) Summary Rent Roll
This article can also be viewed within the Knowledgebase.